We Ship Worldwide!
Shopping Cart by
Excellent eBay feedback!
Installing your Wings West RS Lip Kit
Since the wwrs kit is basically a pain to install I thought I'd make a thread about how to install it from a normal persons point of view.
I don't have the front but it's super easy to install. Just screw in both screws on each end. You can also put a couple screws in the middle of the underside of the lip for added support.
1. You do not need L brackets, they are basically worthless. Remove stock side skirts (clips are underneath the car and screws are on each end of the skirts).
2. Use double sided tape on the door sill part, it holds just fine.
3. Put double sided tape on the top of each end near the wheel wells
4. Have a friend help you to line it up and get the door sill part and wheel well part lined up and put onto the car
5. Put two self-tapping screws on the underside in that flap piece. Use a jack or have a friend hold that flap to push the sides out and give it that "flare" the wwrs is known for (wasn't able to get all of it since the car sits to low, but you can see one. These screws are to push the skirt out to help with flushness and give it that "flare")
(How the sides look from a distance)
1. You can either leave the black rear part on or take it off. Whatever you feel comfortable with
2. Line the black rear piece with double sided tape
3. Put the wwrs rear piece onto the black piece until it is nice and even throughout
4. Put two screws through the lip into the black piece on each wheel well section and three screws on the flap on the underside of the rear lip into the black piece as well (Wheel well screws)
(Wasn't able to get a good one of the flap, but you can understand that part I assume) 5. Get three scissor jacks and jack them up on each corner and one in the center to push the rear lip against the black piece to help the tape harden and stick (the longer you leave it the better, even leave it like that overnight for several weeks and it will stick, I had a lot of problems with sagging but this solved the sagging problem)
(How flush the rear sits when you do this for a while)
(And from a distance)
Hope that helped anyone with issues installing their wwrs kits. This is exactly what I did and it's worked fine since.
About Terms Privacy Contact
Copyright © 2007-2017 - eXtremePrelude.com - All Rights Reserved.